Excitement on the way! You might be busy doing arrangements for the special occasion, deciding whom to invite and whom to not. What about your furry friend? How can you miss writing their name in the guest list? They are the one that has been with you for years. The one that has helped you fight loneliness and provided companionship when visiting public places.
Contrary to the common belief, including your furry friend in your wedding won’t make things weird for you and other guests. In fact, people will jump with excitement when they see your perfectly dressed four-legged friend walking with you.
Here’s the ultimate guide to incorporate your emotional support dog in your wedding. Let’s discuss.
Dress up Your Dog Perfectly
When it comes to attending a wedding function, we dress up properly. Similarly, your pet needs to be dressed up perfectly for your wedding. So, along with shopping for your wedding dress, you need to consider getting one for your dog. Just imagine your dog in a suit and bow tie. Did it bring a smile on your face? It will definitely do the same on your guests’ faces.
There’s a wide range of websites offering dog dresses. Some platforms allow you to search for dresses based on breed, size, etc. If you don’t have time to buy a dress for your canine friend, just opt for a bowtie collar. Simple!
Plan For a Special Meal
You might have planned a variety of cuisines for your guests. But, your dog won’t appreciate them much. Thus, you should consider what you are going to feed your dog during the ceremony. Consider preparing something special for your dog. You need not overthink, just cook something your dog loves.
However, you can talk to your caterers about the dog food ideas for your wedding. If they aren’t experienced in making dog foods, ask a pet owner friend to do so for you.
Make Your Dog Your Ring Bearer
This is one of the best ways to incorporate your dog in your wedding. There are different ways your animal can carry your ring for you. You can attach it to their back or put a pillow with the ring in their mouth.
However, you must consider various things before giving your furry animal with this responsibility, such as-
- What exactly the role of your pet will be?
- Does your dog have separation issues?
- Is your dog able to handle the whole day without showing any bad behavior?
It’s necessary to train your dog as your ring bearer. Practice your dog walking in the street and take it to stores. Teach it some basic commands to build complete control over it. Make sure you do so a few weeks ahead of your wedding date.
This can help you celebrate your occasion in dog-theme style, no matter whether your dog is going to attend your wedding or is staying home. It is pretty easy to incorporate personalized decorations in your decor.
There are many dog-theme decor ideas. You can go with the drinks. Name the drinks you are going to serve after your dog. Design personalized napkins with pictures of your furry friend printed on them.
Another great way is to design place cards with images of your dog on them. Take printouts of some of the photos of your dog or paint their images.
Plan a Special Photoshoot With Your Dog
This one is easy, and also helps you to capture your moments with your special friend. It’s necessary to talk to your wedding planner and photographer regarding your idea of a special photoshoot with your pet. Ask your photographer if they have done pet portraits before. If they did, that will be a bonus point for you.
You can take photos of your dog while you are dressing it up. Also, your pet can join you in some couple photos. You will definitely smile when you get the photos from your photographer.
You can look for ideas for dogs in wedding photos on Pinterest, and save them in a board to show your photographer.
Quick Tips For You
Incorporating your dog in your wedding comes with a great responsibility. Remember, you are dealing with the animal brain and you shouldn’t push your dog into situations they aren’t comfortable with. Here are some tips to help you ensure everything goes smoothly-
- Choose a pet-friendly wedding venue. If your wedding is going to be held in a church, make sure they allow pets. Always keep your dog on a leash.
- Consider your dog’s temperament. Are they comfortable with crowds? Are they able to perform the roles you are thinking them to? Get answers to these questions and plan things accordingly.
- Does your dog like getting petted by other individuals? If not, you need to designate the place in the location that’s not easily accessible to everyone.
- Have an open discussion with your wedding planner and photographers regarding your dog in wedding. Thus, they can make the required arrangements. Chances are more you get some ideas to incorporate your furry animal in your wedding, thus making it memorable for years to come.
- Inform your guests about your plans of incorporating your dog in your wedding beforehand. Thus, attendees who are afraid of dogs can prepare themselves accordingly.
- Hire a professional wedding pet attendant who will do all the dog handling and assistance tasks during the ceremony. He/she can help your dog exit in case things go out of control.
Covering it up, furry animals in your wedding is a great idea to make your event memorable. Get your dog a perfect suit, and dress them up properly. Take more photos with your pet while getting ready. Incorporate them in some couple photos. Turn your dog into your ring bearer and go for dog-inspired decor.
However, you need careful planning to ensure things go smoothly. Train your dog to behave in public. Hire a professional to handle your pet during the event. Let your guests know about your pet in the wedding.
What’s your wedding date? How are you planning to incorporate your furry animal in your special event? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.